Whatsapp PiP Mode – People using Facebook-owned instant messaging app WhatsApp will now be able to use the picture-in-picture mode, according to Experts report.
The feature’s rollout has now begun for WhatsApp Web, the platform’s desktop version, soon after it was introduced to the Android app.
READ ALSO: WhatsApp Updates Delete for Everyone Feature
How to Use PIP Mode Through WhatsApp Web
Here’s what you need to do.
- Check for the latest version of WhatsApp Web:
- Before considering using the feature, WhatsApp Web users should check the version of the desktop platform in use.
- The report claims that PiP mode has been introduced in WhatsApp Web version 0.3.1846.
- This can be manually checked by going through WhatsApp Web > Settings > Help.
- Since the rollout is in phases, the mode might not show up immediately.
- Send/receive videos to contacts/groups:
- After verifying the desktop version of WhatsApp, users can consider sending videos to their chats, or receive video links.
- This can be checked by scrolling up/down onto a shared video, and checking if it plays automatically.
- This can be seen over the right half of the chat screen, where a pop-up of the video begins to play out, alongside audio.
- Through the same, users can use the timeline bar to pan backward or forward, and even watch the playback on mute.