Have you tried accessing the new released Facebook Avatar on Facebook and messenger app? You are missing out if you haven’t checked it out. Facebook avatar is the latest Facebook feature that lets you make a cartoony character version of yourself, which you can customize with a variety of faces, hairstyles and outfits. You’ll be able to use the avatar on your Facebook comments, stories, your profile picture and Facebook Messenger chat windows.
Not all, you can also use your Facebook avatar as a sticker in apps like Snapchat, Twitter, Mail and Instagram. Use it on Facebook comment and profile picture.
Snapchat’s Bitmoji has been available since 2014 and since then has been the best avatar maker. Though to some users, it is still the best to them.
Despite Facebook coming late into the avatar market space, it still has some spices that make its avatar emoji more pronounced – “its designs spiced it up”, and likely a bid to attract younger users back to the app. Yet, both still offers the same features and I believe that Snapchat will be working hard now to get to the top of the game again.
Drop in the comment box below what you think about the comprise between the Facebook Avatars (left) vs Snapchat Bitmoji (right).
How To Make A Facebook Avatar
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone and tap the hamburger menu (three stacked lines). It could be in the lower right corner in iOS and in the upper right corner on Android phones.
2. Scroll down and tap See More.
3. Select Avatars.
4. Tap Next and then Get Started.
5. Select your preferred skin tone (there are 27 options) and tap Next.
6. You’ll then be instructed to choose a hairstyle for your avatar. You can select Short, Medium or Long for a variety of styles. Once you’ve made your selection, tap the Color icon.
7. Next, you’ll move on to your avatar’s Face icon, where you’ll select the face shape, complexion and face lines.
8. After you’ve customized the face, tap the Eye icon. Select an eye shape, color and lash length. Then move on to the Eyebrows icon and select the brow shape and color. You can also add glasses.
9. Now it’s time to customize the nose and mouth. Select your nose shape and then move on to your mouth shape. You can also add a lip color and facial hair.
10. Next, select a body shape. Once you do this, you can choose an outfit that you like best. You can also choose to add a hat, scarf or cat ears to your avatar’s outfit.
11. Once you’re finished customizing your avatar, tap the checkmark icon in the upper right corner. Tap Next and then Done.
Facebook Avatar for Messenger (How to Create Avatar on Facebook Messenger)
Make sure to have downloaded the latest Facebook Messenger app before proceeding to create a Facebook avatar on Facebook messenger,
Or if you already have the app installed then ensure it is updated to the latest version. After updating
Then follow the steps below to start creating Facebook avatar on Messenger app:
- Open the app drawer on your device and hit the Facebook messenger app icon to open the app.
- Next, open a conversation on the Facebook messenger app.
- Find the sticker option beside the field to enter your message and click on it. Note that you would only see this option if the Facebook avatar has been rolled out to you.
- Click on “Make Your Avatar”.
After that, you would see options t create your own avatar just like using the Facebook app.
Accessing Facebook Avatar From the Comment Section
Users will start to see a smiley-face button in the News Feed comment composer and Messenger sticker chooser they can tap to create their Facebook Avatar.
Was this page helpful?
Use the comment box below, let’s hear from you.