In this post we will be giving you a detailed information on the P-Yes Scheme Registration Portal and If you’re interested to participate then continue reading.
The P-YES scheme covers the “Youth” defined in the Nigerian National youth policy (2009) as male and female individuals whose ages are between 18 and 40 years old.
P-YES simply means Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme.
(P-YES) The 2019/2020 scheme aims to create at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities through direct youth empowerment over a minimum period of two years. Some persons have likened it to NPOWER but this scheme is strictly for Nigerian Youths.
Aim Of P-Yes Scheme Initiative
- To enhance production, productivity and value addition for new and existing urban and rural entrepreneurs across the 774 Local Government Areas across Nigeria on a sustainable basis.
- Build the capacity of the youth to enable them take charge of their own well-being and future by building their assets and realizing their potential to achieve greater goals.
- To fight the scourge of social vices among youth by empowering them to be productively engaged. To help achieve the financial inclusion strategy of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
P-YES Application Requirements
The scheme will be accessible to the literate, semi-literate and the non-literate population.
- Applicant must be a Nigerian male or female between the ages of 18 and 40.
- Applicant must have a means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card- PVC).
- Applicant must provide a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB) to qualify for benefitting from the scheme.
- Ability to communicate in Basic English language and or any local Nigerian language.
- Provable upright character and a stable mind.
- Applicant must provide a guarantor preferably a community or religious leader.
- Ability to secure the endorsement of a local government official.
- Beneficiary should posses the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor pairs within their communities.
- Applicants Must Complete a guarantor’s form.
How To Register for P-YES Programme
It would interest you to know that you can apply online (easiest method) or you can apply directly in any of P-YES designated offices across Nigeria.
Click on this link to sign up, type your phone number and follow the instructions provided