Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) provides the infrastructure for automated processing, settlement of payments and fund transfer instructions between Banks and Card Companies in Nigeria.
Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) is owned equally by all licensed banks in Nigeria, and the Central Bank of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
READ ALSO: Federal Government Teachers Recruitment 2018
Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS)
Job Title: Application Development Officer
Grade: Assistant Banking Officer (ABO)
Department: Enterprise Software Services
Division: Technology and Operations
Reports to: Unit Head, Application Development
Duties And Key Responsibilities
- Timely delivery of new projects to be worked on by the Enterprise Software Services (ESS) team;
- Develop and implement new software programs;
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software;
- Development of plug in solutions that aids day to day operations of NIBSS;
- Effective support and management of all NIBSS software application;
- Update and expand existing programs;
- Debug programs by testing for and fixing errors.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization;
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary;
- Integration of NIBSS services to financial institutions and vice-versa as applicable;
The desired candidate must exhibit competencies in the following:
- Customer Focus
- Focus on excellent delivery
- Information Analysis and Management
- Information System Management
- Project Management
- Systems Development
- IS Security
- Personal Credibility
- Professional judgment
- Courage to challenge
- Team Spirit
- Strategic Perspective
- Sound knowledge of Retail Transaction Processing;
- Working Knowledge of Transaction Switching;
- Sound knowledge of known international standards on software development, documentation and integration;
- Sound regulatory knowledge;
- Very good understanding of Secure Coding.
- Knowledge of Software/Application Development Methodologies and relevant languages such as Java (J2SE, J2EE);
- Basic knowledge of the Financial Service Industry;
- A minimum of 3 years professional programming experience (Java, PHP).
- Experience should also include Spring 3 Framework, Hibernate, Additional J2EE technologies (e.g. JMS), Agile programming methodology, Development tools & principles and SOAP & RESTful based web services.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Additional qualification(s) will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th August, 2018.
Use our comment section below for more inquiries…