The University of British Columbia is yet again coming up with its annual International Leadership Award for international undergraduate students . This award is for students that demonstrates superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service.
More about the International Leadership Award you need to know
Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from.
Interested candidates are nominated by the high school they are currently attending or recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from. When there is confirmation for nomination by the school, college, or university, the institution must use the International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination package.
International Leadership Award winners receive awards proportional to financial need. Financial need is determined by tuition, fees, and living costs, minus the financial contribution you and your family can make annually. A standard needs-assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family
The Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion, whichever is less. Your award may be renewed provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
- be applying for their first undergraduate degree
- be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree
- be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university
Interested applicants should rush now and get theirs done on time, or visit the official website http://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/international-scholars/ to access the nomination application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You’re also eligible to share this post with friends. Thanks.