Create an Instagram Account – If you’d like to join the millions of people partaking in Instagram culture, you can create an Instagram account of your own for free!
You can do this on your preferred mobile platform or, if you’re old-fashioned, set your account up on a computer, and below we will be giving you a detailed information on how the 3 steps you can use to Create an Instagram Account.
3 Steps for Instagram Account Creation
1. Create an Intsagram Account Using Mobile
1. Tap your phone’s app store app to open the app store. You’ll need to download the Instagram app in order to create and access an account on your mobile platform.
- On iOS devices, this app is called “App Store”; Android phones and tablets use the “Google Play Store”.
2. Search for the “Instagram” app. On both iOS and Android platforms, you can do this by tapping the magnifying glass icon in the app store app and then typing in your search query.
3. Tap the pertinent button to download Instagram. Since Instagram is a free app, you’ll see a button next to the app that says either “Get” (iOS) or “Install” (Android).
- Depending on your internet/data connection speed, Instagram may take a minute or two to download.
4. Tap the Instagram app. This will open Instagram.
5. Tap the “Sign Up” button. This will prompt you to enter your preferred account information.
6. Enter your preferred email address in the field provided. Tap “Next” when you’re done.
- Make sure that this is a current email address to which you have access.
- You can also choose to log in with your Facebook credentials from here. If you tap the “Log in with Facebook” option, Instagram will ask you to log into your Facebook page if you aren’t already logged in.
7. Enter a username and password. You’ll need to enter the password twice in order to confirm its accuracy.
- Make sure you like your username before clicking “Next”.
8. Enter optional account details. These include a profile picture, a bio for your account, or a link to your personal website. You can add or change this information at any time from within your Instagram profile by tapping the “Edit Profile” option at the top of your page.
9. Tap “Done”. This will create your account!
2. Create an Instagram Account Using a Computer
1. Open your preferred browser. While your Instagram browsing experience is limited in comparison to mobile when using a computer, you can still set up and access your account from Instagram’s site.
2. Navigate to Instagram’s website. Click the link provided to do so.
3. Enter your sign-up information on the right side of the page. This information includes the following:
- A current email address.
- Your full name.
- Your preferred username.
- Your preferred password.
- You can also click “Log in with Facebook” at the top of this information entry box to create an account with your Facebook name and password. This will link your Facebook and Instagram accounts.
4. Click the “Sign Up” button. This is at the bottom of the sign-up menu; doing so will create your account.
5. Click the person icon in the top right corner of your screen. This will take you to your account page.
6. Click the “Edit Profile” option. This should be to the right of your Instagram name at the top of your page.
7. Add any information you wish to display. This may include a bio for your account, a link to your personal website, or a profile picture. When you’re done, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of your page. You have successfully created an Instagram account!
3. Customizing Your Instagram Profile
1. Tap the “Edit Profile” button on your account page. In order to better distinguish your Instagram account from others, it’s a good idea to customize your account’s details.
- You can also add this information when initially setting up your account on mobile.
2. Tap “Add Profile Photo”. If you already have a profile photo, this option will be entitled “Change Profile Photo”. You have several options for uploading your profile photo:
- Import from Facebook – Select a photo from your Facebook media. Your Facebook account and Instagram account must be linked.
- Import from Twitter – Select a photo from your Twitter media. Your Twitter account and Instagram account must be linked.
- Take Photo – Take a photo to use for your profile.
- Choose from Library – Select a photo from your camera roll.
3. Upload a profile photo from your chosen source. This will lend a distinct image or face to your Instagram account, making it more recognizable than an account without a profile picture.
- This is a good place to upload a logo if your Instagram is dedicated to a brand or business.
4. Tap the “Name” field to add a name. This spot is usually reserved for your full name, but Instagram allows users to add a single name (e.g., a first or a last name).
- If you’re using this account for work, consider placing your business’ name here in lieu of your own.
5. Tap the “Username” field to add a custom username. This is how you will appear to others on Instagram. For maximum user accessibility, try to make your username something related to your Instagram’s predominant content.
- If your preferred username is currently being used, Instagram will prompt you to choose a different username.
6. Tap the “Website” field to add your website’s URL. If you have a dedicated website (e.g., for personal content, for photography, or for your business), putting its URL link in this field will display it below your profile information when other users visit your page. This is a good way for you to promote your work or life outside of Instagram without paying for advertising.
7. Tap the “Bio” field to add an account bio. This should be information related to your Instagram content and/or your intentions; for example, if your Instagram is primarily a nature-based photography collection, mention that in the bio box.
- You can also put relevant hashtags in this field, which can make your account easier to find for users searching for similar content.
8. Review your private information. This is at the bottom of the page; only you can see this information, as it pertains to your Instagram account’s registration. From here, you can change the following items:
- Your registered email address.
- Your registered phone number.
- Your gender preference.
9. Tap “Done” in the top right corner. This will save your changes!
Kindly use our comment section below for more inquiries…