Google Anita Borg Scholarship 2018… Dr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionizing the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields.
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science.
Google Anita Borg Scholarship
The Scholars Program consists of the following elements:
- Scholarship: An academic scholarship, awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech
- Retreat: An opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development trainings and workshops.
- Community: An online network with fellow scholars program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
- Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive $10,000 USD (for students in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for students in Canada) for the 2018-2019 academic year;
- Women Techmakers Scholars from Europe, Middle East and Africa will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Identify as female;
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2018-2019 academic year;
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD program at a university in the United States/Canada, Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2018-2019 academic year;
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
How to Apply.
- Begin your application Here
- The application will require the following:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor for American and Canadian applicants and One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor from applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Responses to four essay questions
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Kindly use our comment section for more inquiries…