The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) offers graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a Final Pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
The year-long training programme provides Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) with MBA-level entrepreneurship training in business, software development and communications.
Fully Funded MEST Africa’s Entrepreneurial Training Program
While diving deep into fundamental business and technology concepts, EITs complete 3 Capstones per year – they form teams, come up with an idea, build and validate a product, attain customers and pitch the idea in front of our board.
The year culminates in a final exam in the form of an investor pitch, after which some companies will receive seed funding and enter the MEST Incubator.
Please ensure the following:
- Recruitment locations: Final recruitment takes place in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and Cote d’Ivoire.
- Honesty is the best policy: All participants must provide personal information that is true and accurate.
- 100% Commitment: Accepted candidates must be able to commit to spending a year in Accra, Ghana at the MEST training program starting August.
- Fully funded program: The MEST program is fully funded, including free tuition, room and board, 3 meals per day and a small monthly stipend.
- A deep passion for starting a software company
- Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- A degree from a top University or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
- Application Period: Applications open in the 3rd Quarter of each year and close in March the following year
- Invitation: Qualified applicants will receive an invitation for a telephone interview with a member of the MEST team.
- Screening: Applicants who pass the telephone screening will be invited to take an online aptitude test.
- Interview Process: In-person group and individual interviews take place in South Africa in February; and in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and Cote d’Ivoire in May each year.
- Offers: Offers are sent out by the end of May each year.
- Beginning of training: Training starts in August each year.
- Click on the Apply button
- Create an Account and proceed to registration
- Login in case you have an account already and proceed with registration
- Click on submit once you are through registering.
Application closes on: 8th February 2019