DAAD is awarding a fully-funded postgraduate international scholarship to you who wish to complete your postgraduate studies in Germany.
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is set out to help students from Germany and other developing countries, complete their academic careers without paying a dime for anything.
DAAD was founded in Heidelberg in 1925 on the initiative of a student, DAAD has since become one of the most important funding organizations in the world for an international exchange of researchers.
DAAD supports over 100,000 German and you from a developing country and researchers around the globe each year making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
Below here are the benefits, eligibility criteria and how to apply for the DAAD Fully Funded Postgraduate International Scholarship.
Benefits of DAAD
The DAAD award scholarship benefit base on your level of academic, they are as listed below here on this page.
- Monthly stipends of 850 Euros for graduates or 1,200 Euros for doctoral students.
- Extra payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- Free traveling allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- If you are applying from any part of the world, you are eligible to apply.
- Subjects will be for pursuing development-related postgraduate courses.
To be eligible, the students must meet all the given criteria:
- You must be graduate with at least two years of professional experience.
- You are to fulfill the necessary academic requirements and you are expected to successfully complete a study program in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills).
- Be capable of proving your motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in your personal and professional environment after your training/education.
- Course Duration: 12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme).
How to Apply
You are to apply through the online application form, all you have to do is for you to click on the application button below.
- You are to fill the application form completely as directed by the instruction on the form you are been provided with.
- You are to apply directly to the chosen study program.
Below here is the supporting document you are to present as part of your application process.
- DAAD application form,
- A hand-signed CV (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/),
- A hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) maximum 2 pages,
- Academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead,
- A signature and office stamp and must be of recent date,
- Professional letter of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead,
- A signature and office stamp and must be of recent date),
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and -if possible- a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home,
- Proof of language abilities:
- English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL)
- German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available, copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary) – copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary).