Commonwealth is awarding a fully funded fellowship program for you to study a four years BS.c degree program in medical, you can apply from any part of the world.
The Commonwealth UK fully funded medical fellowship is for every talented and qualified scholar, there are lots of benefits you stand to get when you selected for the fellowship program they include.
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships is now available for mid-career medical staff from low and middle-income countries, to enhance their clinical skills.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the DFID. The CSC provides the main UK government award scheme led by international development objectives.
Below are the eligible criteria, benefits and how to apply for Commonwealth Medical Fellowships.
The qualities below are required for you to apply for the Commonwealth medical program.
- You must be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country or be a British Protected Person
- You must have an academic appointment in an eligible Commonwealth country at one of the medical schools by the World Directory of Medical Schools employed by a hospital affiliated to the Medical School where you have an academic appointment.
- Students must be available to start your program in the UK in January 2021
- You must have qualified as a doctor before 1 October 2004 and must have qualified at a medical school recognized by the World Directory of Medical Schools.
The Imperial College London Fully Funded Scholarships in the UK will also interest you.
Commonwealth Country for Medical Fellowship
Bangladesh, Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, India, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vanuatu, and Zambia.
Commonwealth Medical Fellowship Benefits
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award, and Research support grant payable to your host university hospital.
- Stipend (living allowance) for you at the rate of £1,656 per month, or £2,055 per month for those at university hospitals in the London metropolitan area, Reimbursement of the fee for the single English language test and the fee for General Medical Council (GMC) registration.
- Warm clothing allowance, and Study travel grant towards the costs of approved travel within the UK.
- The first child will receive £466 per month If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, If you are with your children and they are living with you in the same address in the UK.
You are made to understand that all your expenses will be taken care of by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
How to Apply
- You must make an application directly to the CSC using CSC’s online application system below.
- Create an account with the Commonwealth by signing up to their portal with your details (Username, Password and Email address).
- Log in to the portal if you have an existing account with Commonwealth.
- In order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- Upload a copy of your valid passport,
- Full university transcripts and certificates,
- Academic reference,
- Endorsement, and
- Supporting statement.
- Admission Requirement: You must have a primary medical degree.
- Language Requirement: You must have met the English language requirements of the (GMC) within 2 months of being notified that you have been provisionally selected for an award.
The above procedures are the steps you are to take in applying for the Commonwealth medical fellowship.