As nurturers of talent, the 9mobile Photography Competition was developed as a platform to engage and empower budding photographers using the power of digital media; online, social and mobile. Each year, a theme is created and submissions are received within a specified period. From the pool of entries received, 100 images will be approved by internal reviewers based on entry criteria and passed on to the Judging panel for review to come up with a longlist of 10 images and then opened to the public for voting to come up with the voters choice.
The image with the highest number of votes emerges as the winner for voter’s choice. And the judges come up with the shortlist and winner for the competition. Winners from the judges and public voting are rewarded with prizes. Images of the finalists are showcased during a winner’s announcement.
Theme of Contest: This year’s theme is tagged Capturing Solid Memories in 9ja.
Photography has become part of our culture when it comes to creating lasting memories, and with the technological advancements, the art of capturing photos keep changing and growing. A lot of creativity has gone into the art of contemporary photography in Nigeria. The diverse nature of Nigeria, provides many kinds of notable buildings.
Charge the shutter, adjust the lens to unmask the solid memories and reality evidenced in 9ja. Through this category “Architectural Buildings”, we hope to visualize and unfold the act of photography in capturing sights of historical buildings, landmarks, churches, bridges in Nigeria.
Architectural Buildings – Explore and capture sights of historical buildings, famous landmarks, bridges, city skylines and old churches. It is expected you stay creative in your surroundings.
- images should depict the theme
- participants for the Photography Competition are allowed multiple entries exploring daily routines and celebratory activities
- Images must be a jpeg file. Editing/cropping via various photo editing programs/applications are acceptable.
- images must not contain inappropriate subject matter.
- images not submitted in the above mentioned manner will be disqualified from the competition.
- Etisalat and LagosPhoto retain exclusive usage rights of images submitted to this competition
- artistic creativity is highly desired
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Contest for the 9mobile Photography Competition includes
- Grand Prize: Canon Camera
- 1st runner up: iPhone + Airtime
- 2nd runner up: Samsung phone + Airtime
The judging panel of the Photography Competition programme is comprised of selected members from the photography community as well as other creative individuals.
The approved 100 images will be reviewed by the jury to produce a shortlist of 10 and top 3 images from the shortlisted. The top 3 finalists will be unveiled and awarded prizes by the jury at a Winner Announcement event.
- Deadline: 11th September, 2017
- Voting Opens for Voters Choice (Top 100): September 13th – September 20th
- Voters Choice Winner Announced: September 22nd
- Shortlist – Top 10: September 26th
- Winner Announcement: September 29th
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Lagos, Nigeria
How to Apply: Register here
Visit Contest Webpage for details
Kindly use our comment box below for more inquiries
Note:It is very important to know that we (JOBcancy.com Team) are not recruiters, rather we fetch and share available jobs in worldwide. once you click on the Apply job/tittle, we will direct you to the career page of job provider. remember JOBcany is not directly or indirectly involved in any stage of recruitment